ACT Autism Community Training Society
Accountant/ Senior Bookkeeper - Job Description
Overall Purpose of the Position
The Accountant / Bookkeeper will perform all accounting
functions for a small not- for- profit society. This job is a permanent
part-time position. The Accountant /Bookkeeper reports to the Executive
The Accountant/Bookkeeper must have a criminal record
Education & Training
· Advanced experience and training in accounting and bookkeeping
· A Bachelor's degree in accounting or CGA qualification
is an asset.
· At least 5 years accounting experience preferably in a
Skills, Knowledge, Ability
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and database
· Quicken experience preferable.
· Ability to function independently, frequently under pressure,
while managing multiple activities is an
· Ability to train colleague in basic bookkeeping duties
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter able to set up an accounting system in a new
· Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
· Perform all accounting functions including accounts payable
and receivable, cost accounting, payroll
· Prepare monthly financial statements with variance analysis
with budget for Executive Director and
· Prepare grant financial reporting and assist with budgets
for grant proposals.
· Assist with preparation of the organization's annual budget.
· Provide assistance/support during annual audit
· Assist with administering employee benefit plans
· Assist with managing organizations operations (fixed assets,
building lease, equipment leases, etc.)